South African Christmas gift ideas
05 Dec 2019 3 minutes
You know South Africans are serious about Christmas when Christmas decorations go up in October already, in almost every supermarket and shopping centre. So, at this stage, you might be wondering what you are going to buy for your family, partner or friends this Christmas. All of us experience that “what can I buy for this person” feeling. Here is a short Christmas gift guide to help you with a few gift ideas this festive season.
Gifts for a braai lover
It is no secret that we love our braai’s in South Africa, here are a few gift ideas for that special braai master that you might know:
• Personalized braai apron.
• A braai spice kit.
• Braai sets with braai accessories.
• Multi-functional braai spatula.
• Make a personalised braai bucket with some delicious meats, spices, beers and a nice braai accessory.
Gifts for new parents
You might have friends or family that recently had a baby or are expecting one, consider the following gift ideas for family or friends with new-borns:
• A baby diaper bag.
• Something handmade like blankets, soft toys or clothes.
• Teething treats.
• Cute baby shoes and socks.
• Personalized or Bandana drool bibs.
Gifts for wine lovers
South Africans love their wines, you might also know someone who appreciates their wines, so consider the following gift ideas for them:
• Limited edition wines.
• Wine glasses.
• Wine rack.
• Wine cooler bag.
• Wine gift pack with different wines, glasses with biltong, cheese or chocolates.
Gifts for coffee lovers
Many South Africans love their coffee in the morning and during the day, consider the following gift ideas for that coffee enthusiast:
• Personalised coffee mugs.
• Imported coffee beans pack.
• Coffee pots for the kitchen.
• Coffee themed clothing like pyjamas, slippers or socks.
• A coffee gift basket with coffee beans, coffee syrups and chocolates.
Gifts for Him
You might not know what to get your partner or male friend this Christmas, but here are a few ideas for you:
• Their favourite cologne.
• Their favourite alcohol.
• A new wallet.
• Beard kits with oils, creams and accessories.
• Clothing items like socks, underwear and T-shirts.
Gifts for Her
If you are looking for a special gift for your lady partner or girlfriend here are some gift ideas for you:
• Their favourite Perfume.
• A new cookbook.
• Makeup or makeup accessories.
• New diary, journal for 2020.
Gifts for travellers
You might have friends or family that love to travel, consider the following gift ideas for that adventure seeker you might know:
• Travel neck pillow.
• Air pods.
• Polaroid camera.
• Filtered water bottle and travel mugs.
• Personalised passport holder.